Share Buttons

Facebook photo butter_facebook_zpsec1f05f1.png Instagram photo butter_instagram_zps7703e522.png Pinterest photo butter_pinterest_zps6ee9dffc.png Twitter photo butter_twitter_zpsb7b92d10.png  photo butter_email_zps06377c52.png

Sunday 13 October 2013

DIY Banner

Here is a simple banner which I crafted up this afternoon. It's easy and I know I'll use it at any chance I can get. You could make any greeting with this too! 
Here are the 10 easy steps:

1. Take a stack of scrapbooking card and choose which colors you want to use.
2. Lay out your order of colors/patterns.
3. Measure up and cut out squares. The card stock I used was 12" x12", so I made 4 squares measuring 6" x 6". 
4. As well as this, using white card cut out smaller squares. I made squares measuring 4" x 4".
5. Go ahead and pencil on a font of your choice onto the white card.
6. Take a marker and thin pen to fill in your font. I used the thin Sharpie pen to out line and then filled the letters in with the marker.
7. Hot glue the two cards together.
8. I then sewed around the edge of the white card. I did this for strength and also for looks.
9. Next, take a ribbon of your choice (I used a ribbed white) and sew on the back of the cards. Making sure to leave a space between each letter.
10. You can make any greeting using these instructions.














































































1 comment:

  1. What an amazing idea for a birthday decoration. LOVE it! You make it sound so simple. Thanks for the step by step instructions.

    ReplyDelete